Greetings stylish people! Fall is ending and temperatures are preparing to take quite a dive as we move into December. Now is the time to get those winter coats out of the cleaners and pull those winter staples out of hiding as we approach the colder winter months. While there are many trends to choose from this season, I’ve narrowed it down to my favorite picks that are sure to keep you fabulous and functional!
- Blanket Scarf – Easily the most versatile piece of your F/W wardrobe (besides a denim shirt of course) this item can be worn several ways. Style is as a neck scarf, a cape, a belted shawl, a wrap skirt….the possibilities are literally endless. Get creative!
- Ankle Boots – While riders and knee boots have always been a winter staple, this season ankles seem to be getting a lot more play. Look for a block heel (much like the boots you wore in the 90’s) and neutral shades like caramel, taupe, or gray to maximize your styling.
- Flares – If I had to describe this season’s trend report in one word, it’d be “seventies”. Literally everything from that decade is all the rage and these last three trends are prime examples. Skinny jeans have had their run for quite some time, however flared denim is back and I couldn’t be happier. Legs look longer and slimmer in this style so grab your pair now.
- Suede – Shoes, handbags, skirts, jackets….you will be sure to find this fabric everywhere. Shades of brown and oxblood are especially popular when choosing a suede piece to add to your collection. Not into lots of suede? Opt for a small bucket bag or a fringed clutch.
- Fur – The number one trend of the season, and rightfully so, fur is back and it’s bigger than ever! No longer are designers sticking to conventional styles. Faux fur is no longer taboo and designers are making statement pieces in bold colors. Upgrade any outfit instantly by adding a fun fur jacket. If your a little more conservative, opt for a vest or stole to accent your look.
Well, these are my picks and I hope you’re inspired to make them your own. Cheers to being fabulous!