Golden Globes 2017: Best Dressed
Happy Monday beautiful, I hope your weekend was as relaxing as mine. I’ve literally been looking forward to last night’s Golden Globes for the last month. I can’t explain why I love this particular awards show so much but I’m pretty sure it has to do with the fabulous fashion. Unlike the Oscar’s the Golden Globes allow for a little more freedom and whimsy in terms of celebrity fashion. Here are my top five celebs from last night’s event
5. Evan Rachel Wood – In a literal sea of ball gowns and fitted sheaths Evan completley stands out in this perfectly tailored Altuzarra tuxedo. When asked about her fashion choice Evan stated that she wanted to show young girls that they don’t always have to wear dresses to be feminine.
4. Ruth Negga – As a fellow petite woman I know firsthand how challenging it can be to wear floor length gowns and not have them consume your frame. At only 5’3 , Ruth was an absolute vision in this custom Louis Vuitton metallic gown. The hair and clutch made this absolutely brilliant.
3. Traci Ellis Ross – Quirky, silly, kind, and genuine all describe the forty-nine year old Golden Globe winning star of Black-ish. The first black woman to win an award for lead actress in a television series in over 30 years, Traci shined, literally, in this embroidered Zuhair Murad midi. Traci kept the accessorizing light… unless of course you count her twelve rings, lol!
2. Blake Lively – I know what you may be thinking, “Seriously Kira, she’s overrated”. I hear you, I do – but you guys, c’mon… Blake Lively is one of the most consistent women on the red carpet. She literally slays at every show, baby bump or not, and in my opinion she’s a young SJP in the making. This velvet Atelier Versace gown with sequin detail and pockets made me sit straight up and say “yasss boo”. Therefore, she’s my number two.
1. Olivia Culpo – Until last night I’d never even heard of Olivia, nor do I remember her winning the 2012 Miss USA pageant. However, after last night’s awards, fashion houses all over will be dying for the chance to dress the twenty-four year old star for the next show. This Zuhair Murad Couture ball gown is literally covered in jewels and embroidery. The criss-cross bust add a flirty peek-a-boo whimsy to such a serious gown. This has to be one of the best dresses I’ve seen in a very long time. Her hair and makeup are also spot on, well done Olivia, this is perfection!